Functional Fascial Taping®
The benefits of the FFT ® method are:
- Analgesic pain relief (Drug Free)
- Allows for activity and rehabilitation.
- Provides immediate and long-term benefits.
- Maintains higher levels of training and performance.
- Non-invasive and cost effective form of treatment.
- Immediate and long term benefits.
- Step by step objective method
How does it work?
Most musculoskeletal conditions are multifactorial in nature and the presence of pain can be an interesting challenge to therapists. Unresolved musculoskeletal conditions result in the loss of function, flexibility and strength leading to joint stiffness and decreased quality of life.
The immediate response to pain and the tension/load created from the unique tape application provides an innovative analgesic effect for a prolonged period thereby creating comfort and ease and functionality.
“This means the limb or area can move again pain free – function is restored – and muscles that have weakened can be exercised once more”!
Now for the technical bit if you are interested don’t worry if not.
- FFT is thought to change afferent receptor input by reducing nociceptor stimulation to the central nervous system and the perception of pain experienced by the brain.
- Mechanically, the taping method provides a constant tension and load to the tissue..
- Sustained myofascial release applied over time, allows ongoing Propreception and Biofeedback.