“Reiki is deeply relaxing, eases stress, and has a calming effect”.“Reiki may be felt as a flow of energy, mild tingling, warmth, coolness, other sensations, or nothing at all”.
What are the Benefits?
The energy of Reiki can be used to great effect in many ways. Whether one is suffering from stress or tension, and the many symptoms associated with this, or wishing to improve the quality of relationships at home or work, the beneficial effects of Reiki occur on many levels. Reiki can accelerate the healing of physical problems, balance the emotions, and free us from restrictive mental attitudes. It may also provide a closer connection with inner wisdom.
Reiki encourages and supports positive personal change such as improving the diet, having more rest, exercise or leisure time, and may reduce the need for alcohol and tobacco. Reiki can allow us to respond more calmly to all events, and build on a more resourceful state of being. Reiki is a gentle energy and may be used safely by all ages.
What is it?
- The practice of Reiki is an original method of healing, developed by Mikao Usui in Japan early in the 20th century, which is activated by intention.
- Reiki’s natural healing energy works on every level, not just the physical, and promotes the body’s regenerative self healing ability.
- The Japanese word Reiki means ‘Universal Energy’.
- Eastern medicine has always recognised and worked with this energy, which flows through all living things and is vital to well-being. Known as ‘ki’ in Japan, ‘chi’ in China and ‘prana’ in India. Acupuncture, T’ai chi and Yoga are also based on the free-flow of this energy in a person.
- Reiki is a non-invasive therapy whose purpose is to treat holistically and to restore homeostasis.
- The practice of Reiki is based on working with, and channelling energy, or a spiritual energy.
- The energy is seen as animating all living things.
- The intention with all these energy techniques is that if you can harmonise your energy system, you are putting your body in the best possible position to heal it on all levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
Used with confidence alongside conventional medication or natural remedies because it acts in a complementary way.
What Happens During A Session?
- A session is usually carried out with the client lying down or sitting, in a comfortable and peaceful environment.
- There is no need to remove any clothing. The practitioner places their hands gently, in a series of positions, on or over the body. The client’s system automatically draws in only as much Reiki as is needed, using it in whatever way is most appropriate at the time. Reiki may be felt as a flow of energy, mild tingling, warmth, coolness, other sensations, or nothing at all. Reiki is deeply relaxing, eases stress, and has a calming effect.
- Treatment is enhanced if one can rest for a while afterwards and drink plenty of water to help the body detox.
- Be responsive to the needs of your body, e.g. resting if tired, and allow the energy to continue its work after the session ends. The beneficial effects may be felt for several days.
How often do I Need to Have a Treatment?
Although even one Reiki session can make a difference, it is usually more effective to have a course of regular treatments. This may be weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on the needs of the individual. A treatment plan will be discussed with you, and reviewed as necessary. This will always be subject to your own preferences, and can be changed at any time according to progress.
Reiki in the Clinic given freely with most other treatments, and can be included in any treatment package that you require.